Summer in Florida spans from June to September, when it’s hot and humid across the state. As the temperature outside heats up, so does the temperature inside your home—so it’s important to schedule an AC maintenance appointment before it becomes unbearable.
In some cases, your AC may just need a tune-up, which includes a system check of your indoor air handler, outside unit, fluids, coils, filters and more. But in other cases, installing a new AC system in your home may be the necessary or cost-effective option for you and your family.
So, what’s the process for installing a new AC system in your Clearwater or Tampa Bay area home? Today, we’ll walk you through what to expect when working with our AC professionals at Air Care.
AC Diagnosis Call & Appointment
When you contact Air Care, our knowledgeable staff will ask exploratory AC questions to better understand what you’re currently experiencing, the age of your unit, and potential causes and solutions. We’ll then schedule an AC appointment with one of our skilled technicians, who will visit your home to inspect your HVAC system in person.
If you need a total AC system replacement, the technician will recommend the best unit for the size of your home, budget and Florida climate—since your AC unit should remove humidity from your home. Contact Air Care today to set up an appointment.
“I searched forever for reliable service and equipment at an affordable price I found all three at Air Care. Tammy (office manager) couldn’t have been more helpful or nicer. Thank you, Air Care!” — Google review
AC Replacement Recommendation & Cost
Once you and the AC technician determine a new system is the right solution, our staff will provide a recommendation and quote for the AC replacement system, permit and installation work.
From there, our office staff will schedule the actual installation appointment. Oftentimes, we are able to schedule your installation in one to two business days, so be sure to contact Air Care for quick and easy installation service today.
“I just purchased my house after moving from Mississippi, and the AC system here was very old. I had four different companies come out and give me pricing. I picked Air Care because they seemed to be the most knowledgeable. They were able to put my system in the very next day. They were tidy and professional. I’m so happy!”—Google review
At Air Care, we recommend Rheem heating and cooling systems for its reliable performance, comfort and cost for Clearwater homeowners. Click here to learn more about Rheem HVAC systems.
On the day of your appointment, at least one resident should home throughout the AC installation process. Once we arrive, below are the key steps our Air Care team takes to replace your HVAC system:
- First, our team will prepare your home for the new AC installation. This includes laying out protective covering inside your home to protect your flooring from dirt and debris.
- Next, we’ll turn the power off to your current AC system. In the height of summer, this means it can get very warm inside your Clearwater home, which is why we recommend replacing your AC early in the season. In either case, it helps to run ceiling or circulating fans inside your home during the installation.
- The team will then remove your old AC equipment and wiring, usually starting with your outside condenser unit and then moving indoors to the air handler. Please do not try to remove the old AC equipment on your own—our team at Air Care is licensed and trained to disconnect your system safely and efficiently, and we’ll even recycle your old unit for you.
- Once the installation begins, our technicians will set up your system wiring, connect your new air handler and unit, install and set up your new thermostat (we use Honeywell), replace the air filter, and more. This process can take anywhere from four to 10 hours to ensure your system is installed and running correctly.
- We’ll then test your AC system controls and ensure that the air flow and temperature is right for you and your home.
- Finally, we’ll walk you through what’s been replaced and teach you how to use and maintain your new AC system and thermostat. Your final payment will be due at the time of your installation.
“The nicest, and most helpful people, honestly!! They just installed a new system for us, and they took the time to make sure everything was perfect!! We are just so thankful, and incredibly happy that we got to experience such amazing service, and genuinely kind people!!” —Google review
After your installation is complete, our office staff will contact you to schedule an AC inspection through your local city government. We’ll discuss the best date and time that works with your schedule—usually the week-of or week-after your installation.
Depending on the city, the inspection representative will provide a time frame or “window” to perform the inspection, which takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
“You and your staff delivered on all you promised, from the quality of the installation right down to resolving the damage that occurred to our bathroom ceiling. I routinely work with different trades in my profession and have been frustrated as a recent resident in the Clearwater area by how difficult it’s been to find reliable, honest trades who take pride in their work and actually fulfill the work they promise. Thank you and I will highly recommend you and your company to my friends and neighbors.”
— Carol in Clearwater
If your HVAC system meets the proper size and SEER rating requirements, you may be eligible for a rebate through the Duke Energy Smart $aver Program. Our office staff will notify you if you qualify for a rebate, and then work alongside you to ensure it is filed correctly.
Rheem heating and cooling products are built to last, but even the best products are affected by outside factors and need service repairs. Thankfully, Rheem backs their HVAC equipment with some of the best warranties in the business, and Air Care is a proud Rheem Pro Partner to service warranty requests.
Click here to learn more about the Rheem warranty process, what’s covered and how to register your new AC system. Contact us with any questions.
Top Company for Clearwater AC Installations
If your system isn’t keeping your home cool—or you suspect your AC equipment may need repairs or replacement—contact our team at Air Care for a consultation. We proudly serve households across Pinellas, southern Pasco and western Hillsborough counties, and we’d be happy to help you stay comfortable this summer.
“I’m new to Clearwater FL, and when my A/C died, a neighbor recommended Air Care, and I’m so pleased to have found them. I retired from building custom homes, so I know first-hand what to expect from a professional company. I was not disappointed with the service reps or the company. I now tell everyone who asks for my recommendation to call Air Care.” — Google review